NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

building a DLL in LabVIEW 8.20 for TestStand 3.5

I am trying to build LabVIEW code (V 8.20) into a DLL so I can call it from TestStand 3.5.  The problem is I am trying to figure out what the best path is, so that the function parameter information appears.

When selecting the function name in the TestStand C/C++ DLL Call dialog box, I get the following message:

No Paramter Information Available:
The function either does not have parameter information in the DLL or uses types not recognised by TestStand.

The question I have is when setting up the build DLL function in LabVIEW what options should I select to make the TestStand Call easier.

Should I use Standard Calling Conventions or C Calling Conventions, and what other options should be used to allow the prototype to be loaded when in TestStand.

Thanks, A.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,442 Views)

Hi A,

Offhand, I'm not sure what is causing the problem.  A simple test for me worked fine with the default settings.  Are you passing a struct or cluster?  Perhaps this example will help: 

<TestStand>\Examples\StructPassing\LabVIEW\Struct Passing to LV DLL.seq

If this doesn't help, please attach a simplified version of the VI that reproduces the error, and its corresponding dll, so I can troubleshoot.

Cheers,

David Goldberg
National Instruments
Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,405 Views)

David,

Unless I'm mistaken that example doesn't have any type library information available.  When trying to link the teststand environment to the DLL within the TestStand step you have to know all the inputs and outputs prior to actually implementing.

My goal is that when you select the DLL, it tells you what inputs and outputs to select as opposed to manually selecting them all.

A.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,390 Views)

Hi A.,

TestStand understands the parameter information from a LabVIEW-created DLL, using the default settings.  Again, if you can post the original VI and the DLL you have created, I can try to reproduce this specific issue and troubleshoot from there. 

As a troubleshooting step, I would recommend creating a simple VI, making a DLL out of it, and checking this yourself.  Perhaps you can isolate where things are different in the problematic VI. 

Finally, try the attached dll that I created from LabVIEW using the default settings.  TestStand should recognize the parameters automatically.

Cheers,

David Goldberg
National Instruments
Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,371 Views)

David,  The code you sent did work, but I cannot figure out why the code I build doesn't work.

Could you send me the LabVIEW code and the build file, so that I can see what is different between what we are doing.

A.

Message 5 of 6
(3,300 Views)
Here it is, A.
Cheers,

David Goldberg
National Instruments
Software R&D
Message 6 of 6
(3,285 Views)