NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

batch file results going different directorys

I am calling a batch file to run from the execute exe action with TestStand. The results from the call go to the calling directory or sometimes to the TestStand 3.5 directory. When I run directly from windows the results always go the calling directory. In the TestStand search paths I have removed the TestStand 3.5 directorys and have put the calling directory on the first search line.
   Does anyone have any idea why this is happening or what I can do to direct the output file?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,751 Views)

Hi,

You can do this by setting the Report Option under the menu item Configure. The path of the results can be set to the SequenceFile Path, <TestStand> \Report or a user specified path.

This set the global settings, but if you what to set the report options of a particular sequence file, then use the ReportOptions callback sequence. The TestStand User Manual should provide the necassary help.

Hope this gets you started.

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,742 Views)

NiNewbee,

It seems that you have an exe or batch that generates an output file.
When you run the batch file by itself the "working directory" is the directory where the batch file is located, that is why the output file is generated in the same directory.
When you run the batch from another process the working directory is not neccessary the directory where the batch file is located. In this case if you run it from TestStand the working directory would be the TestStand directory.
If you want to generate your output file in the same directory all the time, you have two possible solutions:

1. Pass the target path as an argument to your batch file.
2. Change your working directory  (CHDIR) before executing your batch file and change it back when you are done generating the output file.

Hope it helps.

Antonio Lie.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,715 Views)