From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asynch vi must not wait at the end sequence

Hello,

Ik have a sequence which runs an asynch vi in runtime development.

After the sequence ends I don't want the sequence to wait for the asynch vi to stop.

I use teststand and labview 2013.

I did uncheck the option "Automatically Wait for the Thread to Compleet at the End of the Current Sequence".

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,123 Views)

I tried asynch vi with TestStand 2013 and LabVIEW 2013 and it worked just fine.

When disabled "Automatically Wait for the Thread to Complete at the End of the Current Sequence", it did not wait for my case.

The execution of TestStand sequence file will not end till the step completes the execution. Hence, if you have an async VI in MainSequence, then, you might feel that, it is waiting at end of the MainSequence.

If you have another sequence containing async VI step and if you call this new sequence from MainSequence, we can see that, execution does not wait for async VI to complete at the end of new sequence, but waits at the end of MainSequence.

Can you share your files with the specified behavior?

- Shashidhar

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,115 Views)

Maybe your right that it seems like.

This is because when I start the test I do not have to stop the asynch file for next DUT.

It's difficult to explain because we just started but want a good start to prevent double work.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,106 Views)