NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone have example stylesheet for Flatten to XML output

I would like to log the output of a "flatten to xml" vi and display it in a tabular format in my Teststand xml report.  I'm wondering if anyone has a starting point for the stylesheet side of things.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,334 Views)

Hi kwkengineer,

The best starting would probably this article on customizing the syle sheet. You can find it here

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/EC64D7C24421A2E58625751D00491809?OpenDocument

It gives some good pointers and documentation on how to customize the style sheet for your xml based report.

Also, we have an article on best practices for styling found here

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/8289/en

If you have any further questions or are in need of more information do not hesitate to ask.

Regards,

James W.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,318 Views)

Almost there....

I have a properly formated XML string from Labview to Teststand.  I have the XSL which has been tested and added to my horizontal.xsl used by the Teststand report.  My problem now is that when I log the XML string using Additional Results, Teststand is putting the CDATA tag around the string preventing it from using my XSL.   Is there a flag or something to set so Teststand will add the XML as is.

I've done this before using the ModifyReportHeader callback and the GetXML method, but the ModifyReportEntry doesn't work for XML reports.  So I really need to know how to stick my XML in the report from my client sequence file without Teststand altering it.

Thanks,

Kevin

Certified-LabVIEW-Developer_rgb.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,309 Views)

Hi Kevin,

Depending on the version of TestStand you are using, the best approach may to actually go in and override the TestReport callback. TestStand 2012 ends up calling NI_ReportGenerator.seq and add the actual xml string to the body results. Is that an approach you have looked at?

Regards,

James W.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,289 Views)

I've thought about that, but haven't tried yet.  For the time being I'm just writing the xml to a separate file.  My internal customer might end up liking it better that way Smiley Happy.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,281 Views)