NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alternative to setup/cleanup tracingi

Hi,

I'm working with a customized version of the Simple OI (labview).  I have tracing set in TS so that it doesn't trace into the setup and cleanup steps, because once the test has finished I want the operator to be able to see the list of tests and their results in the execution view (I don't want them to have to look into the report).  If I were to allow tracing, they would be left seeing only the cleanup steps.

My problem is that the setup step in the sequences I am running can take a few seconds to execute, and it might be confusing to operators that the test does not start immediately.  I want to give them some visual indication that something is happening.  What is the best way to do this?  Is there a way to allow the tracing, and at the end of the execution return the view to the "main" portion?  Or is there a way to concatenate setup,main and cleanup into one list in the execution view?  Or should I implement a pop-up box at the start of the test that says "Initializing..." (and how would I do that)?

Thanks for any help!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,813 Views)

Hi,

Normally you have some visual indication to show that something is happening. This could be the Hour-glass cursor, a splash screen or writing to the status bar.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,807 Views)
Hi Lila,

As Ray said the best way would involve one of those three methods. To implement a popup see here. To implement a status bar see here, here and here. For the status bar you could add a new column to the status bar that would say what section of the test you are running currently (initializing, executing test, clean up). You would need to post a UIMessage to update the status bar with the correct text if you chose to use the bar.
Test Engineer - CTA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,793 Views)