From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adb integration with teststand

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All.

I am trying to integrate the android Debug Tool (adb) and Monkeyrunner with Teststand. I am quite new to Teststand, and I am unable to figure out how to use external programs and tools in teststand. Would be cool if someone can give me pointers on setting up adb with Teststand.

Thanks.

Harish

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,908 Views)

Hey Harish,

it would be helpful for me, if you can descripe the purpose of the android Debug Tool (adb) and Monkeyrunner.

I'm (and most of the TestStand-Fourm users) know something about TestStand, but nothing about both tools.

What do you want to accomplish?

How do you want to use this external tools? Like a Command Line tool? ActiveX-Integration?

Regards, Stephan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,878 Views)

Dear Stephan,

adb along with monkeyrunner is an API for writing script programs to control an android device. Its possible to write some python scripts that can be run via the Monkeyrunner tool which is a commandline tool to test certain packages. I am trying to integrate this with teststand so that i can migrate the already written python scripts directly to teststand and generate results based on the results.

Thanks.

Harish

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,870 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author harymac

Hi Harish,

do you need something like that:

Calling Scripting Languages from NI TestStand - National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/white-paper/8847/en/

Call already existing python scripts directly from TestStand ?

Message 4 of 6
(4,864 Views)

Thanks stephan ... that whitepaper is very useful. I just have to figure out myself about obtaining the outputs to a variable for post processing with teststand.

Thanks.

harish

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,843 Views)

Hi Haresh - I was wondering how you are coming along with your TestStand Android integration.  Ideally I would like to see a library developed that would allow testStand to directly communicate with an Instrumented Android App so that the script could interact with the Android UI for White box testing.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,185 Views)