From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

access to ResultList objects from Labview user interface

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Newb-D,

Sort of.  If you are using the FileGlobals in your SequenceFile and using the PostUUT in the Process Model then you will not see your ResultList because the two FileGlobals are separate areas. If you are going to do this in an OI why not post it to your OI as a Custom Post Message.

Are you modifying your process model, if you are try setting up a Notification or a Queue to get the ResultList into your PostUUT.

Or instead of using the FileGlobals, try using a Local and propagate back into your Process Model.

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(1,019 Views)

Hey New-b and Ray, Trying to do the same thing. Need to upload results to a data base. I am currently parsing RunState.Report.All in the Cleanup. It works but it depends on Report settings being configured to ATML and on the fly reporting being set. 

At this point at the start of cleanup I have a statement "FileGlobals.ResultListGlbl = ThisContext.Locals.ResultList" at the start of cleanup and then pass that to a LabVIEW step. This gives me an error "-17306; Unknown variable or property name.".

I've been doing the 100 monkeys routine changing the global type. Trying to initialize it with containers and some other things I found on the forum but not winning.

Any cahnce there's an example of something like this somwhere?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(944 Views)

mebels_cti,

This is so old, I've changed jobs and Display Names since then.

What I remember doing for this was copying the result list each time a new result was added into a station global.  After the test executed I modified one of the Post UUT Callbacks to handle the results and put them into Excel.

For what you are doing, I'm going to assume you know that TestStand can log the results to a database, though I've never used it, it seems like that is an option since that's what it sounds like you want to do.  Further, there is a type for the result list, have you assigned the Result type to your variable?  I've found the easiest way to do so is to simply copy a ResultList Local variable to the place(s) you need and rename them.  With the correct type you should then be able to assign your variable.  Other than that, I'm not an expert myself so you'll likely need an answer from someone more expereienced.

Best Wishes,

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(924 Views)