NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

abnormal program termination ,teststand crash

Hi all.
I have a powersupply controlled by my dll functions.During some situations,the test sequence execution hangs.I am trying to kill the process from taskbar.Is there anyway to switch of the power supply before killing the process? what does the 'UIMsgKillingThreads' do?  when is it passed?
But i doubt , i am asking something which is wrong in basic itself? is it so?
The thing is ,when teststand goes off i have to switch off the power supply.

Thanks,
Radha R
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,006 Views)
Hi,

Have you tried sending the command to switch off the power supply?

You really need to address the problem, why your code is causing this hang.

when everything hangs, can you identify what was being performed. This would help narrow down where to look for the problem.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,002 Views)
Hi,
I tried sending the command to switch off the powersupply.I was successful in that.
I have a sequence running which causes the teststand to hang.It is somebody else's sequence which i have to use. 
In that sequence they are powering on the board using a powersupply which is being controlled by the testsequence(ofcourse .dll)
The requirement is whenever a sequence makes the teststand to hang and i am killing the process i have to call the cleanup(where the power supply is switched off).

Is the above part clear? or i made confusion.

Regards,
Radha R
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,001 Views)

Hi Radha,

If I understand you correctly, you want to call the cleanup once the TestStand engine hangs? I do not believe this is possible because once the engine hangs, you will not be able to call any other commands until the hang ends.

You could investigate setting a time limit for your station. While this is not normally recommended for general operation (because a short time limit could cause your execution to terminate prematurely), you can set a time limit to run if execution exceeds your time. For instance, you could select the Terminate Execution option which would terminate your program and execute all of the Cleanup step groups in sequences on the call stack before execution stops. You can access time limits by going to Configure >> Station Options >> Time Limits. Note that this is a station option and will affect all sequences you run within this station. You can find more about Time Limits by simply searching for Time Limits in the TestStand Help.

Ray was correct in stating that your real problem is the hang. I understand that this is someone else's code, but if you can drill down and identify at what specific step that the program is hanging, you may be able to catch it and save your problem from hanging.

Matt Mueller
NI

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,976 Views)