From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write UUT serial number in the main sequence

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I would like to write the UUT serial number in the main sequence.

I know that I can access this value through RunState.Root.Locals.UUT.SerialNumber. I can write the serial number in this variable and it works as long as the report is not generated on the fly. If I enable on the fly reporting, then my report UUT serial number remains to "NONE".

Is there any way to force the rebuild of the report with the latest variables value ? I've seen that there is something similar for the execution time. During the sequence execution, with on-the-fly reporting enabled, the report indicates "0 seconds" for the execution time. However, when the execution is done, this report field is updated with the real value.

How to do the same for the serial number ?

Thanks,

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(6,091 Views)

Alex,

trying to reproduce your description that timing is updated in the header, but the UUT serial number NOT when filing the report as final version to disk, failed on my machine with TS 2014.

Can you open your report file externally after it has been generated to check what SN is stated there?

What is your report format and what is your TS version?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(6,085 Views)

i guess you are extracting the serial number by communicating with your UUT i guess... then you want to write it the the variable 

what if you  do it at the beginning of the program with a call back instead of using the main screen where ts asks  you the serial number

CLAD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(6,079 Views)

@Norbert,

Yes, I can open the xml report after the test but the serial number is also set to "NONE".

I'm using TestStand 2013 f1 and report format is "ATML 5.00".

@buton,

The DUT is not powered on at the beggining of the test sequence so there is no way to read the serial number. I have to first power it on in the setup and then read the serial number.

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(6,074 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author adcpc

OK, ATML seems to create the issue. Using XML reports, it works as expected. Is that a workaround for you?

Norbert

EDIT: Filed CAR against ATML OTF reporting

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(6,066 Views)

I just found the same thing.

Does it work with ATML and TestStand 2014 ?

I will use XML or just disable on-the-fly reporting.

Thanks !

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(6,062 Views)

No, it doesn't work in TS 2014, at least not 32bit TS.

So XML would be the easiest workaround as long as the report is getting very long (possible memory bottleneck).

If you look for execution speed and don't have big report files, disabling OTF is the best solution.

Norbert

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(6,052 Views)

I would also like to write serial number from Main sequence to the XML Report. 

The thing is that i cannot access SerialNumber by RunState.Localc.UUT.SerialNumber!

How can I access it?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,061 Views)

@Skoda3 wrote:

I would also like to write serial number from Main sequence to the XML Report.

Use the PreUUT callback sequence to set the UUT serial number.  In my code, I also set the serial number to a file global so I can use it in some of my test limits.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,054 Views)