cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the total time taken for test sequence differs during test runs

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

- I have different resources for test for testing our product which includes motors and NI-Box (6351).

- There are number of test sequence files which are called during the test (ca. 20)

- The problem is that when I run these test sequence files seperate (say only 3 out of 20), the total time taken by these tests are t1, t2 and t3 but when - I let all the 20 tests to run without skipping any the time needed by the above 3 tests is t1 + 60 sec, t2 + 80 sec and t3 + 50 sec. Why it is so and how can I avoid this issue.

- The tests make motors to move, collect samples from NI box and save them on my computer after testing limits. Since they are time critical, when I make all the tests run in one go many test do not PASS. I can not run them seperately because this needs more time, more interference from user and moreover more than one report which is not at all desired.

- I have tried unloading steps after execution but it did not help.

Regards,

RB

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,770 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dotNet_to_LabW

It probably heavily depends on what your sequence is doing. Have you tried narrowing down where the extra time is being spent? You can time how long various parts of your sequence take using expression steps as follows:

Locals.starttime = Seconds()

Locals.elapsedtime = Seconds() - Locals.starttime

You could also look at module times in your reports. There is nothing specific about TestStand that should cause any sort of slow down like this. I recommend trying to figure out where the extra time is being spent. I suspect once you do so, the cause will become obvious.

-Doug

Message 2 of 2
(2,759 Views)