NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is VI not executable using Labview 7.1 Run-Time Engine?

Hi,

In our Teststand sequence, we have a Labview Action step which is returning an error: "The VI is not executable", along with the error code: -18002.
This error occurs on a Production PC using the L.V. 7.1 Run-Time Engine.

I'm aware of Mass Compiling to ensure all the VI's are the correct version, but this has not resolved the problem.
The software was installed on the production PC using a Teststand created installer, with the Labview Adapter set
correctly to the Run-Time Engine, i.e. not trying to open the Labview Developer Server to execute the step at run time.

Because it's the 1st Labview module to be executed, I added another similar step to run beforehand, i.e. the new simple
Labview code ran first. This executed correctly, but then the next step caused the error above.

The small number of associated sub-vi's are on the target PC, and have been mass compiled.

I've had -18002 errors before, but this is one I cannot cure.

All suggestions gratefully received.

Gary.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,075 Views)
Hi,

You have got LabVIEW RTE version 7.1 on your target system?  You can check this in MAX.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,071 Views)
Also, check if you configures the adapter to LabVIEW RT 7.1 (it can be differents...)
TestStand Operator Interface->Configure->Adapters-> [Choose LabVIEW RT 7.1 adapter]
Thank you & Best Regards

*I use LabVIEW 2018 & TestStand 2021 versions
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,062 Views)
Yes, I have the same problem.

I ensure my adapter configuration is correctly like yours,

And I try all advice from here but no help.

Again and again this error has been discussed here, my system still have issue now .

It seems like Stand3.1 and LV7.1 are incompatibility???

Any bugs we have not find??
*The best Chinese farmer*
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,043 Views)

I encountered with such problem too.

I suppose that the possible issues are interconnection between LabVIEW and TestStand or the usage of a wrong adapter at RUN TIME.

I still did not get the solution from NI, but when i will get i will publish!

Thank you & Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,038 Views)

Hi Ray,

Thank you for the reply.

To check for problems similar to your suggestion, I added a Labview Action step to the sequence,

so that it was the first to be executed.

This new step performed as required, but then the next step (the original first step) caused a -18002 error. 

regards,

Gary.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,035 Views)

Hi Guys,

Regarding this -18002 error when using the Run Time Engine instead of the Development Environment, what is the VI within the step that is failing (in any of the cases you've mentioned) trying to do? Are they built around any toolkits?

In my experiments with a simple VI (with just a user dialogue) using the LabVIEW 7.1 RTE in both TestStand 3.1 and 3.5 this morning, I haven't found any issues

There is a possibility if any of the sub-VIs or toolkits you use contain a Merge Errors.vi, that the Run Time Engine picks up a copy of the VI built for previous versions of the RunTime Engine (due to the order in which the sub-VI directories are scanned), and it cannot convert it.

There are a few solutions for this, the easiest one looks to be to copy the error.llb\Merge Errors.vi for LabVIEW 7.1 into the same directory as the VI you're calling (so TestStand can pick it up easily).

Can you let me know if this solution helps at all? If not, would it be possible to post up any of the code or sequence you're having problems with?

Best wishes,

Mark

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,005 Views)

Looks like I may not have Mass Compiled all the files involved - will have to be more careful in future.

regards,

Gary.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,884 Views)

After a lot of efforts the solution - MASS COMPILING all of files.

It helped!

Thank you & Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,856 Views)