NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do i keep getting installation errors when I do a default install of TestStand 2010 SP1

Hey ATE_Dude,

Could you also check and see if you have the National Instruments CVI Run-Time Engine installed? It's possible that if there is an error installing the CVI RTE, these components might not install properly. If it is installed, we might try a repair install of the CVI RTE and then a repair of TestStand.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,396 Views)

Daniel,

I'm not really in a position to try your suggestion right now, as I just got the test set up and running again, but will keep it in mind for any future occurrences.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,391 Views)

I agree with Daniel that it sounds like it might be a problem with the CVI runtime engine. If the CVI runtime engine cannot be loaded for some reason, that would affect the cvi specific parts of teststand like you are seeing. Next time it happens, I'd recommend trying to repair or re-install the latest CVI runtime engine.

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,379 Views)

l'll give it a try the next time I have this issue and see what happens, but also know that I have had 3 different hosts now, where I have completely uninstalled ALL NI software, and these issues occur after the reinstallation of the SW. There is something going on in the registry, likely related to CVI, that is not being uninstalled or installed correctly on machines that have had previous installations performed.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,376 Views)

Since the CVI runtime engine is shared/used for code compiled with all versions of CVI (i.e. no matter what version of CVI code is compiled against, it uses the latest version of the CVI runtime installed on the machine), you could try installing the latest version of the CVI runtime (rather than the version that comes with TestStand) and see if that fixes the problem.

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,374 Views)