From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I store data common to two executions?

I have been using the parallel model and cannot find a common data point in TestStand where I can share variables between the two executions. Well, there is StationGlobals, but it is constantly asking me to save the changes.

If I put my data into the parallel model's FileGlobals, each thread gets a copy. I've tried passing data as a parameter, but I got lost inside of 'Initialize TestSocket' where it calls 'Create Test Socket Execution'.

The VI that is trying to access the data is in the Operator Interface in the UIEventHandler. It only sees the data for the first execution.

What is the best way to share common data? (If it is StationGlobals, then I'll live with that.)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,578 Views)

Hi,

You can use File Globals if in the SequenceFile Properties you set the setting 'Sequence File Globals' to "All Executions Share the Same File Globals".

Hope this helps

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,572 Views)