NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I propagate a local of a maned type to a sub Sequence it can not be passed to LabVIEW

I have created a custom data type in teststand and the corresponding clusted in LabVIEW. When a VI gets the data from TestStand from "Locals.ECIData" everything is fine. When the same VI tries to get it from "Locals.ECIData" in a subsequence where Propagate from caller was enabled it gives the following error:

Parameter 'ECI Data Control':
The type of 'Locals.ECIData' does not match the LabVIEW cluster 'ECI Data Control' or cluster passing is off in type definition of 'Locals.ECIData'.

Is there a way to do this?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,586 Views)
Hi,

It seems to want to match with a type Locals.ECIData type instead of a type ECIData. An error -17311 is generated. you cannot make a type of type Locals.ECIData, so it shouldn't be trying to match for one. Also switching of the type checking doesn't make any difference, it still errors.

Have you tried passing your local via the Parameters of the sub-Sequence and then pick up the variable Parameters.ECIData on your LabView connector pane.

I have attached a small TS3 and LV7 example. This does get picked up by the VI.:)

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,561 Views)