From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I call VI on Linux from Teststand on Windows using TCP/IP I get "file not found error".any sugeestions?

I am trying to execute a VI running on Linux from Teststand running on windows 2000 prof ,both running on two different machines.I used TCP/IP for the interface using the following steps on Labview VI:tools>options>VIserver>TCP/IP and gave the ip address of both the machines.When I gave the file path as c:\home\test.vi in Edit labview Vi call window(the Vi in linux is stored in /home/test.vi)and also in remote vi path:/home/test.vi,I get a file not found error.The teststand version is 3.0 and labview is 7.0.Any idea why this is happening and any solutions?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,316 Views)
priya guru,

Here is a knowledge base that addresses your question: �How do I call test VIs that reside on a non-Windows platform from TestStand?�

You also need to set TCP/IP Access found in Tools->Options->'VI Server: TCP/IP Access'. Make sure that you list the IP address in the Access List to allow TCP/IP access to that machine. Finally you need to specify which VIs are accessible to remote applications. Open up Tools->Options->'VI Server: Exported VIs' and provide paths to the VIs you wish to be remotely accessible.

I have attached an example VI that demonstrates VI Server in action. Please post back if you are still having problems. Good luck!

Cr
aig H.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,315 Views)
I want my VIs to be in a network directoryand not have to edit each VI Call when I work in a Sandbox for development.

In Edit LabVIEW VI Call -> Advanced -> Remote VI Path:

Remote VI Path:
 home:\keithb\Sandbox\my.vi    is what works, though I don't know why the "home:" syntax is specified this way, just doing what I was told is needed.

but I need it to be releative to the users env. 

Is there a form of:
$home\Sandbox\my.vi  ??  that can be used here? This way multiple users can work on a copy they have  checked out from cvs.

Keith

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,093 Views)
Hi Keith,

To use the Remote VI Execution, you will have to use a full path to the remote VI.  Otherwise, TestStand will throw an error stating that it cannot find the specified VI.  Attached is a screenshot of the error that you will receive.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,056 Views)