NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the solution for "Error Code: -18002"?

Hello dear Experts,

I am using LABView 7.1 and Teststand 3.1

I am having a problem on Teststand. This what happended:

1.On SEQUENCE FILE WINDOW,I inserted step, choose ACTION.
2.On my right click on the icon, I choose SPECIFY MODULE.
3."Edit LABView VI Call" window appears. When I choose "niSwitch Initialize.vi" here is the pop-up

"LabVIEW : LabVIEW: VI Server access denied.

The VI could not be loaded.

It is possible that the active LabVIEW version is not 7.0 or greater.
Also, you can select a version of the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine to load the VIs in the adapter configuration dialog.

Error Code: -18002, LabVIEW reported an error."

Dear experts, I've already tried "LabVIEW" in the adapter configuration, but still don't work.

Hoping for your prompt response.

Thank you and MABUHAY!

Regards,

Ryan A. Bilaos, ECE
Manila
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(6,242 Views)
Hi,

The problem is your vi or subvi is not executable eg it has a broken arrow.

Do you actually have niSwitch install? It doesn't come with LabVIEW or TestStand but is a seperate NI piece of software.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(6,237 Views)
Hello Ray,

Mabuhay!

Thanks alot for your prompt response.

Yes, niSwitch is already installed prior to this problem, but still doesn't work.

Hope you'll find a solution on this. I'm also pouring in efforts to address this.

Again, thanks alot, hoping to hear from you Ray.

Best regards,

Ryan A. Bilaos, ECE
Manila
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(6,224 Views)
Hello Ray,

I had a "NOTE" when i tried another another step to solve my Error Code: -18002, and here's what i did:

1. In the LabVIEW/Configure Button/LabVIEW Options/LabVIEW Server:Exported VIs, i added the niSwitch.vi i needed for my Teststand.

2. In the "Teststand - Sequence Editor[Edit]- Sequence File 1", i repeated the steps i did in my previous inquiry to you, but i received a "NOTE":

" A problem was encountered with one of the files in TestStand\AdapterSupport\LabVIEW directory. Please reinstall it or repair it."

I already reinstalled the TestStand but still it doesn't work.

Hope to hear from you.

Thank you very much and Mabuhay!

Ryan A. Bilaos, ECE
Manila
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(6,223 Views)
Hi Ryan,

Do you get the same problem, if you open Labview and create your VI which contains the niSwitch vi? (ie dont launch LabVIEW via TestStand)

[1. In the LabVIEW/Configure Button/LabVIEW Options/LabVIEW Server:Exported VIs, i added the niSwitch.vi i needed for my Teststand]

I believe before this becomes effective, you have to close LabVIEW, then relaunch it. Did you remember to do this.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(6,223 Views)
Hello Ray,

Mabuhay!

Thanks alot for your prompt response.

Yes, niSwitch is already installed prior to this problem, I also tried closing and relaunching LabVIEW, but still it don't work.

I received a "NOTE" when i tried another another step to solve my Error Code: -18002, and I here's what i did:

1. In the LabVIEW/Configure Button/LabVIEW Options/LabVIEW Server:Exported VIs, i added the niSwitch.vi i needed for my Teststand.

2. In the "Teststand - Sequence Editor[Edit]- Sequence File 1", i repeated the steps i did in my previous inquiry to you, but i received a "NOTE":

" A problem was encountered with one of the files in TestStand\AdapterSupport\LabVIEW directory. Please reinstall it or repair it."

I also tried reinstalling the TestStand but still it doesn't work.

Hope to hear from you.

Thank you very much and Mabuhay!

Ryan A. Bilaos, ECE
Manila
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(6,198 Views)
Hi Ryan,

If you just have labview running, can you create a VI using niSwitch vi's and does it run with out any problems?

Eg as a minimum
use the initialise and the close vi's from the niSwitch LLB and run the VI within Labview.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(6,177 Views)
Hi,

I have attached an example with an NiSwitch Initialise.vi

I dont get your error -18002.

Give it a try see if it works for you. Its TestStand 3.0 Sequence File.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(6,161 Views)
Hello Ray,

Thanks alot for the information.

I'll try this immediately and i'll keep in touch for the development.

Thank you very much.

Regards

/Ryan
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(6,152 Views)
Hello Ray,

Thanks alot. Now it's working. Thank you very much.

Until then
Ryan A. Bilaos, ECE
Manila
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(6,138 Views)