NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is an advantage of project path in Step properties (LV adapter)?

Hi,

As in subject: what is an advantage of project path in Step properties (LV adapter)?

Capture333PNG.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,264 Views)

You should get familiar with the term "application instance" in LV. With this knowledge, you should be able to answer this question on your own.

hope it helps,

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,263 Views)

Can't see any connection between 'application instance' and value added by specifying the project path there

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,258 Views)

Well, when defining a project to the adapter, you assign a specific application instance.

Simple as that, nothing more.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,254 Views)

But for what?

Usualy I connect VI directly or thru llb.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,252 Views)

As i said, you should learn about "application instances" in LV.

One hint:

LV internal communication channels (e.g. Queue, FGV) are only valid within a single application instance.....

Norbert

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,249 Views)

Hi all,

The following document provides more detail on LabVIEW Application instances and how they relate to TestStand.

How TestStand Interacts with LabVIEW Application Instances

Hope this helps clarify things!

Al B.
Staff Software Engineer - TestStand
CTA/CLD
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,235 Views)

unless you need those 'application instance' advantages called out below I would advise not using the project path if you later intend to switch from LV DEV to LV RTE. You will have to re-do those paths at that point and I'm now finding that alot of times TS 2019 is re-populating the Project path instead of letting me browse to a absolute path straight to the VI. not fun

Sr Test Engineer at American Innovations - LabVIEW CLA - Kudo's are appreciated!!
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(1,864 Views)