NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are *.ver files in TS2014

Solved!
Go to solution

I am building some installers with TestStand 2014 SP1 and noticed that in several of the installation and public directories there are files of type *.ver and I can't find anything in TestStand Help, Google, nor here on NI's website.

Anyone know what these are? for instance:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\TestStand 2014 (32-bit)\Components\Models\ModelPlugins\Addons\PublicAddons.ver

Do I need to include these in an installer for a customized Process Model with custom Plugins?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,562 Views)

Hi MichaelAshe_GE,

The .ver file extension is typically a text file documenting a deployment version (as specified in the TestStand deployment utility). For example, if you modified your build and created a new patch deployment, you might increment the version to track the changes. Your build can rely on previous full or base deployments, so knowing which version to rely on (hence the .ver file) is important.

Ross S.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,508 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MichaelAshe_GE

You don't need to worry about deploying these.  .ver files are binary files that are used by the TestStand product installer, typically TestStand patches, to determine the version of files that are on the system and ultimately decide which files to update.  TestStand Deployment Utility manages file versions for generating full and patch installers using a seperate mechanism (the information is stored in the TSD file), so these are not required on deployment target machines.

Al B.
Staff Software Engineer - TestStand
CTA/CLD
Message 3 of 3
(3,498 Views)