NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webservice using Testand.Engine

Hello,

I would like to write a Webservice that monitors my Teststand on demand.
The service should be done in C#

Here is my Question:
Is it possible to access the running Engine ?

greetings
Juergen

--Signature--
Sessions NI-Week 2017 2016
Feedback or kudos are welcome
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,485 Views)
As the TestStand Engine is always loaded only once, there is no expicit method in the API to attach to a running instance, but if you create a new instance of the Engine class, it should be connected to a already running instance of TestStand.
If you ar using TestStand 3.0 or later, you could use the "Application Manager" Object, and call the method "GetEngine" method. this will give you a Refereence to thr running TestStand Engine as well.

Hope this helps!

André

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,472 Views)

Hello Andre

Thanks for your reply.

It sounds good. But just one Question.

What is Application Manager Object ? Maybe i am blind but I can not find it in the Teststand 3.5 API

or is it an additional NI-API

Greetings from the Lake of Constance

Juergen

--Signature--
Sessions NI-Week 2017 2016
Feedback or kudos are welcome
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,465 Views)
Sorry, I forgot to mention that the Application Manager Class is part of the "NI TestStand UI Controls 3.5 (ver 1.0)" Automation Server.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,459 Views)
To clarify, what Andre states applies to a single operating system process. There is only one engine per process. If you must access an engine in another process, you must somehow arrange to have a reference to it marshalled to your process. This is the same for the engine as it is for any other activeX object that resides in an external process. 
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,454 Views)