NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View sequence created in TestStand 3.5

Hello,

I have a sequence created with TestStand 3.5 which I need to rewrite on TS4.2.

The sequence cannot be loaded in TS4.2 due to step type loading error.

The TS sequence file viewer is supporting TS4.0 and above.

How can I extract the sequence data form my .seq file so that I can re-create it on the new TS4.2?

Thank you,

Lev 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,358 Views)

TS 3.5 Seq should have opened up in TS 4.2.

What is the step type loading error you are getting?Can you attach the error and sequence.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,342 Views)

Hello,

The error message is attached to the post.

I have found the .ini file containing this XML_POPUP type and have added it to the types manager (see second attachment).

I cannot attach the sequence for it contains non-releasable data.

If you have a process by which I can gain access to the sequence itself even without the possibility of running it then please advise.

I've tried opening the sequence on both XP and Win7 stations, same error.

Thank you,

Lev

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,340 Views)

Is this sequence file possibly programmatically created? It is not normal for this to happen. Types should all be saved with the files that use them. Perhaps there is something unusual about the type, like perhaps the shared or unstructured flags are used on its properties in some unusual way. Undoing such settings in TestStand 3.5 and resaving the file might allow it to be openable in newer versions of TestStand. Would it be possible for you to give us a copy of the type definitions? Perhaps if you create a trivial file in 3.5 which uses the types it would reproduce the problem and you could give it to us if sharing the type definitions is ok.

Another idea is that you might try loading the file in a newer version of TestStand. Perhaps if you download an eval version of TestStand 2012, it might be able to load the file. Then you could maybe do "Save as TestStand 4.2" to create a version openable in 4.2 if needed.

Hope this helps,

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,324 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I don't have TestStand 3.5 anymore on my machines, I only have the 4.2 and 4.1 versions on XP/Win7 systems which failed to load the file.

Do you know where I can get an evaluation copy of 3.5? or another sequence viewer that can handle 3.5 and not 4.0+?

Thanks,

Lev,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,319 Views)

There is no sequence viewer for TestStand 3.5. I'm not sure how you can get a copy of TestStand 3.5. Perhaps someone else can post with such info. In the meantime, you might try downloading the latest version of TestStand and seeing if it can open your file.

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,302 Views)

Hi LevKL,

If you have SSP and your serial number registered to your account, you can download TestStand 3.5  at the link included below.

NI TestStand Development System 3.5: http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/3545/lang/en

Regards,

Jason D

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,271 Views)