NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View TestStand Graph Output on other PCs (VB Script?)

We're currently using TestStand 3.1 and some of the tests generate a graph of the contents of an array in the HTML report output using:

Step.Result.anArray = Locals.anMyArray

in the Post-Expression evaluation.

The array graph prints and display fine on any systems that have TestStand install but the graphs are not displayed on other PCs.  It appears that there is a VB script of some sort required.

Is there a way to enable this, or install the tool to allow displaying the graphs on other PC web browswers?

Mike
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,030 Views)

Mike,

The graph that shows in the report is created using an ActiveX control that ships with TestStand.  This is an unlicensed control and therefore can be distributed freely.  You can find the control at C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 3.1\Components\NI\Tools\GraphControl.  Take the TsGraphControl.ocx file to the other computer, register it with the OS using regsvr32, and then try your report again.  This should fix things for you, but if you still fail to see the graph, let me know and I'll look into this further.  Thanks and have a great day.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,014 Views)
Adam,

I copied the TsGraphControl.ocx to the Windows\System32 directory and registered it using "regsvr32.ocx".  When I bring up the Active-X graph content on the browser, it crashes the application (and want's to phone home to Mama Microsoft).

Is there another DLL or something else that may be required?

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,004 Views)
Hey Everyone,

Mike and I are trying some unsupported fixes offline.  I will post a final resolution when we have a solid answer for everyone.  Thanks and have a good one.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,978 Views)