NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI is not executable in EXE

I am using TestStand 2014 and LabVIEW 2014 SP1 (both 32-bit versions) for my project. We are also using the LabVIEW OI to run the test sequences. One functional global is used in both the code modules called from TS & LV Operator Interface. The global is essentially some settings read from INI file and used by both TS & LV. The LV2 global is used only as a subVI from either the code modules or from the OI. The code is working well with the TestStand Sequence Editor and LabVIEW development system.

Before building the executable for Operator Interface, I mass compiled the entire folder that contains the code modules as well as the folder containing Operator Interface code. And then the executable was built. I changed the LabVIEW adapter in TestStand to use the LV RTE. Now when I ran the exe, I got an error.

"Failed to load VI <VI Name> in the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine version '14.0.1f1'.

LabVIEW: The VI is not executable. This error may occur because the VI is either broken or contains a subVI that LabVIEW cannot locate. Select File>>Open to open the VI and verify that you can run it."

where the VI name is the actual VI name that failed to load and this VI reads the LV2 global mentioned above. Once I put a disabled structure over the LV2 and try to run the sequence, it seems to load this VI but failed at some other VI that tries to load the LV2.

Then I changed all the code modules to "Load dynamically" (Before this, the step load option was "Preload when execution begins"). Now when I run the exe, I get the following error: 

Failed to load VI <VI Name> in the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine version '14.0.1f1'.

LabVIEW: The VI is not executable. This error may occur because the VI is either broken or contains a subVI that LabVIEW cannot locate. Select File>>Open to open the VI and verify that you can run it.

Error Code: -17600; Failed to load a required step's associated module.

What am I missing and how can I solve these errors?

Thanks,

Saranya

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,046 Views)

Saranya,

your issue starts here:

I am using TestStand 2014 and LabVIEW 2014 SP1 (both 32-bit versions) for my project. We are also using the LabVIEW OI to run the test sequences. One functional global is used in both the code modules called from TS & LV Operator Interface.

Don't do this. It will create a dozens of issues if you are not aware of what exactly happens (which is obviously the case) and therefore i higly recommend you to NOT use a FGV to exchange data between UI and TS executions.

Use User Interface Messages to do what you require.

If you stick to your FGV approach, you have to learn about LV Application Instances, Handling Dependencies and Distribution Methods.

The error text includes the correct hint already:

[...] or contains a subVI that LabVIEW cannot locate.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,947 Views)