From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using TS 2.0 and LV 8.6 with Runtime Engine

Hi All,

I just got a project to use an old version of TS and a new version of LV. Can I use LV 8.6 VIs that are not built in TS 2.0 using only the 8.6 RT Engine? I have installed all of TS 2.0 and the LV 8.6 RTE, but it does not run and it generates an error. I don't have enough LV liscences for each machine  and I don't have the LV 8.6 App Builder. The LV adapter is configurable with a LVGUITRS and a LVRTS, but I can't seem to find anything on how to configure TS with a newer RTE. 

Help 😉

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,145 Views)

Hi,

In TestStand 2.0 you can only use the ActiveX Servers, you can not use the RTE for the LabVIEW Adaptor.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,144 Views)

Hi Ray,

Can I rebuild the TestStandVRTS.exe or LVWUtil32.dll in LV 8.6 and  get it to work like that? This is over my head, but I need to get it to work...somehow 😉

Thanks Again,

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,142 Views)

Jim,

You should be able to, providing you have the application builder. You have to make sure all your VI's (both TestStand and LabVIEW) are at the same version. I don't think there are any compatibility problems.

Regards

Ray

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,140 Views)
cant see any problems, admittedly we are using ts2.0 runtime with lv8.5 but we have no compatibility troubles
Please remember to accept any solutions and give kudos, Thanks

LV 8.6.1, LV2010,LV2011SP1, FPGA, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,133 Views)

Hi Jim,

As far as official support is concerned, LabVIEW versions above 8.0 are only supported by TestStand 3.5 or higher.  Also, the newest version of TestStand, 4.1, is the only version that has been extensively tested with LabVIEW 8.6.

Al B.
Staff Software Engineer - TestStand
CTA/CLD
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,108 Views)

Jim,

I just wanted to clarify something. 

As a member of the TestStand R&D team, I can confirm that we have done extensive testing with LabVIEW 8.6 for all supported versions of TestStand (3.5, 4.0, 4.0.1, 4.1).  All versions of TestStand 3.5 and above will work with any version of LabVIEW 8.0 and above. 

When TestStand releases, NI specifies the minimum version of LabVIEW in the TestStand Release Notes.

When LabVIEW releases, NI specifies the minimum version of TestStand in the LabVIEW Upgrade Notes.

Message Edited by Josh W. on 11-10-2008 05:04 PM
Josh W.
Certified TestStand Architect
Formerly blue
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,100 Views)

Hi All,

Thanks for the help. I am sorry it took so long to get back, but you know the holidays and all. 

I never did get 2.0 to run any LV 8.6 stuff, so I went back to VB. Blech...

Thanks Again,

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,023 Views)