NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Property Loader in a sub-sequence with multiple invocations

I'm using the Property Loader to load a different set of limits for each invocation of a sub-sequence. In my example, I have a sequence to do tests all the tests on a given RF band. But I want the ability to specify different test limits for each band.

It wasn't hard to come up with an expression based on Parameters.Band to specify different Start and End data markers in the Property Loader step. So far so good.

I don't necessarily want to override the same limits in every band. For one band, I might be happy with a default limit from the sequence file itself. Trouble is, if I don't specify a limit in the limit-file for a given band, then the limit loaded by the previous invocation of the sub-sequ
ence is still in effect. This was a surprising behaviour. There's a huge opportunity for errors to creep in here, because the limit files may be edited by "lusers", and it's hard to explain this pitfall.

Is there an easy way to make the limits reset to the sequence-file defaults before I call the Property Loader? Or alternatively, to make the loaded limits affect only the present invocation of the subsequence (the same way loading Locals only affects the present invocation?)

BTW, I'm not actually using the official TestStand Property Loader, which I find too unwieldy. We wrote our own Property Loader. But the problem is common to both. Changes to RunState.Sequence.Main... persist across invocations of the sequence.

- Ron
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,955 Views)
Here I go, answering my own question again. For the benefit of anyone else who ever runs up against this...

The trick is in the Sequence Properties dialog. Turn off "Optimize Non-Reentrant Calls to This Sequence". The little comment there makes it pretty clear that this is what's needed. I tried it, and it works.

- Ron
Message 2 of 3
(2,956 Views)

Interesting,i want the format of your.txt file.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,840 Views)