From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Pre-step Callback in Batch Process

So far, I've used the SequenceFilePreStep callback to do some action for particular steps in the sequetial model. Now, I am trying to run the sequence in the batch model for multiple UUTs but I began to get errors from the callback. Do I have to replace the SequenceFilePreStep callback with the ProcessModelPreStep callback to run callbacks for multple threads?

It seems I have to modify the BatchModel.seq but isn't this sequence used for all batch processes in general? In some other project, I may want to use the default BatchModel.seq. I can delete the modified callback or save the seq file in a different name but this doesn't seem right. How do you usually manage multiple modified process model sequences?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,372 Views)

I found an answer for the second question and I tried using the ProcessModelPreStep callback to no avail. I get the same type of errors.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052K-01/tsfundamentals/infotopics/process_models_modify/

It seems multiple threads are accessing the same properties as described here.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/TestStand-Shared-Object-in-show-step-in-variable-tab/td-p/11984...

The pre-step callback I use doesn't just read properties but also remove and insert variables to the step's custom additional results. I use statements such as the following.

RunState.CallingStep.AdditionalResults.CustomResul​ts.Item(Locals.LoopIndex).Name == "\"Temperature\""

RunState.CallingStep.AdditionalResults.CustomResul​ts.Remove(Locals.LoopIndex)

I don't get why RunState.CallingStep in different threads refer to the same object (shared object). How can I make each thread deal with its own unique CallingStep?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,362 Views)

I'm not sure if this is the best way but using Lock steps solved the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,352 Views)