NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using COM servers from TestStand 3.1 (in my case CANape)

Hello..

I know this is a long shot but here I go :

I need to use CANape's (third party software) COM engine from the test stand in sequences. I have a basic idea but there are a lot of details I don't know..

I don't know if there is anybody that can help me but I could use at least some info about using COM engines from teststand in general.. For example I don't know how to start the (third party) application to use it later on.

I'm grateful for any help... Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,622 Views)

Hi Sorin7486,

There is a significant amount of material that I can point you to to help you get started with using COM in TestStand.  First, take a look at the document linked here.  This is a very good overview of TestStand and ActiveX\COM.  Also, take a look at Chapter 5 in the TestStand Reference Manual as it talks about the ActiveX\COM adapter more specifically.  You can get to the Refence Manual through TestStand by going to the Help manu and selecting TestStand Bookshelf.  Once in the bookshelf you will see a link to the Reference Manual.  This should get you started.  If you have any specific questions in regards to the adapter just let me know.

Thanks,
Caroline Tipton
Data Management Product Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,607 Views)