i created a custom step type by doing this:

New sequence

Select type .Net

Insert test NumericLimitTest

Open "Types"

Copy the NumeriLimitTest and renamed

Properties + DefaultModule -> select my DLL and function

Now all parameters of this functions are listed

Then is set the default values for all parameters (values or StationGlobal-variables)

In the sequence i insert my new test with rightclick + insert test

Now this teststep has my default parameters

Now the question:

Is i change in types value of a parameter -> How can i make a autochange if all already inserted teststeps of this type?

There is a checkbox "[ ] Apply changes in this DialogBox to all Loaded Steps of this type". But this is not working. There is no change.

I have to delete and re-insert the step to have the current default-parameters.

Can this be done?

Thx

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,664 Views)

Hello,

the default module is not supposed to be updated by changing the values in the step type definition. This option is there to allow the test developer to use a custom step type and also change the default module.

If you have a call to a function that needs to be executed with a certain parameter set every time, I suggest you use a substep instead.

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/8300/en/

Quote from this article:

Use Pre- or Post-Step Substeps Instead of Default Module

Implement the code module for the basic operations inherent to the step type as a Pre- or Post-Step substep instead of as a default module step. Use the default module setting only when each instance of a step can call a different code module. The default module setting exists separately on every instance of the step, and TestStand does not update existing step instances by default when you change the setting on the step type. However, substeps exist only in the step type, and all instances of the step refer back to the substeps. Changes to substeps automatically affect all existing instances of the step type.

Also some more information on type management:

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/7060/en/

Andreas Gareis
Senior Applications Engineer, NI
Certified LabVIEW Developer & TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,630 Views)

Hi,

I have renamed custom Steptypes and I am able see those changes in Menu and StepTypeMenu Editor.  Once I Load  old sequence files old steptypename appeared in the MenuList including Renamed Steptype. How to avoid Loading Old steptype Names. Can you please suggest me to solve this.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,021 Views)