NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update TestStand Station Globals using a stand alone vi

All,

I'm thinking this question I'm asking is not possible, but maybe one of you all will know an answer.

I'm trying to make a stand alone vi (that I run at the end of an installer) to check if a Station Global exists and if it does not exist, I create the global.  The problem i'm running into is that my station globals in my Sequence Editor are not updating.

Is there a way to do this without calling the vi in a sequence?

Thanks,

Bill

John 3:16
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,791 Views)

Are you using the TestStand API to do all of this?

I've created a simple VI to demonstrate how to add Foo as a string to Station Globals.

Also a picture in case you don't have the same version of LabVIEW.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Download All
Message 2 of 5
(3,783 Views)

I'm using a vi, very similar to yours, outside of the TestStand API, it is running stand alone.

I ran your vi stand alone and it does not update the Station Globals either; is running this vi stand alone creating it's own reference?  I can check if the Station Globals exists, but I can not add new globals or change existing global values when i run outside of the TestStand API.

Thanks,

-Bill

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,779 Views)

My VI is using the TestStand API.  The API is how you communicate with the engine in a programming language.

You may have to set the ActiveX engine constant before running my VI.  Right click on the engine reference constant and choose Select ActiveX Class.  Browse to the NI TestStand API and then check the Show Creatable Objects checkbox.  Select the engine.  Then run the VI again.  It worked perfectly for me.

My VI can run standalone and does not need the Sequence Editor or TestStand User Interface open.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,777 Views)

I had to restart my computer to get it to work, but it is working, thanks!

Now I have to figure out why 3 type definitions and 1 property object are not being released 😞

Thanks,

Bill

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,772 Views)