NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unregistering an ActiveX Server

I've created an ActiveX Server from a LabVIEW vi that I open up from TestStand then communicate with the Controls and Indicators through the "ActiveX/COM" interface. Before starting it I call the executable with "myvi.exe /RegServer" to ensure that it has been registered with Windows. Everything works fine from this point on.

My problem is that when I'm done I quit the application and unregister the executable with "myvi.exe /UnregServer". When I make the call I get the Windows error "Write permission to the Registry denied, LabVIEW Server not unregistered" However, it does seem to work as the server is unregistered. I know this because if I try to create a reference to the application I get a "Type library not found error"

I couldn't find anything on MSDN about this. If I try the same thing from the command prompt I still get the error.

It's probably not really necessary to unregister the server, but as I update it I don't want old unused registered versions showing up.

Any clues as to why I get the error?

Dave
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,121 Views)
Dave,
"My problem is that when I'm done I quit the application and unregister the executable with "myvi.exe /UnregServer".

I think that your problem may be that the command is "myvi.exe /UnregServ" (not /unregserver)

Mike
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,111 Views)
"I think that your problem may be that the command is "myvi.exe /UnregServ" (not /unregserver)"

I don't think so. According to MSDN and The TestStand Reference Manual the syntax is /unregserver.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_foxhelp9/html/5fc8c6a5-d3bf-46c1-8add-eebeeabe2081.asp

I tried ti with /unregserv and it just seems to ignore it and runs the executable. The server is still registered in the system.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,101 Views)
Cabman -
I do not have any suggestions, but how did you attempt to create a reference to the application when you got "Type library not found error"?
Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,088 Views)