From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhandled mouse events

I had a problem and solved it, but I don't like the solution and still don't get the problem. So, I hope somebody can explain:

I am using TestStand in combination with a LabWindows/CVI Operator Interface. At a certain point I have to open a second LabWindows/CVI UI application (reused for some specific operator interaction). An operator eventually closes the second UI via a 'Close' button. However, the UI does not respond to mouse events on the button. The UI does respond to the shortcut keys (Esc or Alt-C).

I discovered that it is not the first UI (the Operator Interface) that is 'stealing' the events. It appears that TestStand does not allow the UI to process the events. As soon as a Message Popup step is being executed the events are handled. So, we made TestStand periodically verify whether the Close button was pressed in a call to the second UI. In the UI we first call ProcessSystemEvents. This worked pretty well. But, then I decided to neatly place the periodic poll in a separate sequence running in a separate thread. Again I ran into the same problem. So, the TestStand execution really has to get interrupted and I am forced to pollute my sequence files with the periodic polls. Boeh hoe 😞

Greetz,

David Meijers

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,760 Views)

Hi Ovide,

Do you have a (small) example?

Thanks,

Bas

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,711 Views)
Bas,

I will try to extract a usefull stand-alone example out of our complete system. It might take a while though, because I have a workaround (so, I will try finding the problem in spare time for the better of mankind Smiley Wink).

Greetz, David

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,697 Views)