NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to interact(click) when two threards running Vi's under teststand

Solved!
Go to solution

So i have sequence where i launch a Oven monitoring VI in a new thread and i show the front panel during the hole sequence. i am running a batch model. part of my test consist on monitoring a serial port 4 for minutes each test socket. to monitor the serial port i launch another VI front panel.  So during those for minutes i have my Serial port Vi and the Oven monitor Vi running at the same time.

the problem is that during the time where both front panels are open i can only interact with ONE. so if i want to click in some buttons on the oven vi i cant because the active vi is the serial port..(while this happens my oven monitor vi updates the front panel as it is supposed to)

is there any option where i am able to control and click on both front panels.? 

CLAD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,317 Views)

buton,

By chance, do these VIs use the "Begin Modal Dialog" and "End Modal Dialog" functions from the TestStand palette? It's only possible to have one modal dialog at a time, so this might explain why you're seeing the behavior you describe. Normally, when multiple VI front panels are open you can interact with each one. Let us know, and if that's not it, we can think of some other possibilities (or perhaps others will have some thoughts).

Message 2 of 6
(4,293 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author buton

Are the VIs themselves set to modal in the VI properties?

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 3 of 6
(4,290 Views)

i dont have those Vi's added to my  monitoring Vi... should i add them ?

CLAD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,289 Views)

i dont have the MODAL option checked on the vi properties.... should i activate it?

CLAD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,287 Views)

I have one of my Vi's set to Dialog and it auto defaults and SETs it to MODAL...

problem solve i think.. thanks.

CLAD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,284 Views)