NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to disable TFS Source Control in TestStand

I'm using Teststand 2014 on Windows 7.  We had been using the integrated TFS control within teststand while developing when we were in our own facility.

We have since moved to another location and really want to disconnect the TestStand environment from the TFS server as it is not accessable from this new network.

I navigate to the Configure -> Station Options -> Source Control tab and attempt to set the Provider to "None".  I get this popup.  But after selecting "Yes" the setting doesn't stick.

"Chaning the system default source code control provider affects all applications on this computer.  Change the system default source control provider from Team Foundation Server MSSCCI Provider to Nothing?"    Yes or No

TestStand_TfsError.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,933 Views)

What privileges are you logged in with?  You need to have Administrator privileges.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,929 Views)

Yes I am logged in as administrator.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,924 Views)

If you go to the Source Control tab instead of the Configure tab under SCC Provider it should open a TFS client application.  Do you see any settings to handle disconnects there?

Thanks,

Jonathan R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,897 Views)

The problem is kinda solved here: 

http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/TestStandElevatedCommand-not-Found/m-p/3272464

The remaining problem is that under Station Options->Source Control it still shows TFS.

To re-enable source control will have to re-edit the TSW (and TPJ?) file.

regards,

Matthew Watkins

CLA

Sr Test Engineer at American Innovations - LabVIEW CLA - Kudo's are appreciated!!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,794 Views)