NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UUT dialog box clear history

Hi,

When running the test uuts mode of testing, I have noticed that the dialog box that appears tends to keep all serial numbers scanned in a session, in history. Unfortunately this convenience has been abused and has corrupted data by users selecting serial numbers instead of scanning them. So, to rectify this situation, I would ideally like to clear the history of the dialog box so that no serial numbers are stored and appear in the drop down list.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks,

Heather
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,935 Views)

Hi Heather,

There are 2 ways I can suggest, as follows:

Method 1.

If you have access to Labwindows/CVI, load modelsupport2.prj from:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 3.5\Components\User\Models\TestStandModels

This project file contains: modelpanels.uir , which contains the Serial Number dialogue box (panel)

displayed by the Teststand PreUUT callback.

If you then edit the Ring Control (PREVUUTLIST), at the right side of the serial number string control,

so that it is Initially hidden, i.e. select the appropriate check box.

Save the UIR file, then run Teststand.

The Serial Number dialogue box displayed by Teststand should no longer display the Ring Control

at run time, i.e. the Operator cannot use the history to fill out the serial number.

(I tried this using Teststand 3.5 and Labwindows 8.0.)

Method 2.

Create your own PreUUT model callback within your client sequence file, this will replace the standard

PreUUT callback found in the Process Model.

This method takes longer, but allows you the opportunity not only to resolve your current problem but

also capture other info from the Operator by adding further controls to the custom dialogue box you

create.

regards,

Gary.  

Message Edited by Gary H. on 09-07-2006 04:43 PM

Message 2 of 3
(2,920 Views)

Hello Gary,

Thank you very much for taking the time to try out the solution. I have implemented the first solution you suggested, using LabWindows and it was fairly simple to do; your instructions were very clear and concise and I sincerely appreciate this effective suggestion. This has solved the issue with retaining serial number history.

Regards,

Heather

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,900 Views)