From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UUT Test Design

I'm hoping someone can offer a design suggestion. I want to eventually open a sequence file associated with a UUT.  I would like each step to send (via Ethernet) a command to the UUT that it receives and in its own processor, kicks off that particular test (or set of tests) and reports back whether the test passed/failed. The tests within the UUT are currently written in C, but the TestStand OI and any other high-level tests (controlled by the PC) are written in LabVIEW (v8).  If a test fails, I'd like a subsequence of tests to be performed (fault isolation tests).  Thoughts?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,692 Views)
I'm not really sure what you are asking for. This would seem to be a pretty simple task and the fact that the internal tests are written in C or any other language is irrelevant. I'm assuming that when a test completes, the UUT will respond with some sort of string (i.e. " test x passed"). You can write a LabVIEW test step to send the command and parse the response. You can make the step type either a string value test and have TestStand check the response or you can have a Pass/Fail step type and do the comparison in your VI. If you make it a string value test, then the response from the UUT is automatically logged. If you want the UUT response logged with a Pass/Fail step type, you can write the UUT response to Step.Result.ReportText. The fault isolation sequence would be controlled with a precondition. Select the test step and select Insert Step Fail.
Message 2 of 2
(2,689 Views)