NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UUT Test Count Difference

Well I have to test 10 UUTs 

I get that number from SAP

requirement is such that   every time I  test a UUT as GOOD  there has to be an automatic counter which the  Operator can see how many   more  are left  to be tested  , (Tested as good or Bad)

can this be directly implemented using Teststand (does teststand offer something  to generate such statistic  ) or  I have to do this thr some tricky Coding

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,062 Views)
How are you accessing SAP? With the database functions? I didn't use SAP specifically but I used a query of a similar erp system, got the order and id associated with it. The id was written to the test results database and a query of that would return a count of passed units. Just arithmetic after that.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,049 Views)

Hi Dennis,

I have a VI Library (internal) to acess SAP.

SAP gives me the totla no to test.  But the no of units tested   are good or bad is determined ny teststand  thats why the ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,015 Views)

You need to do 2 steps :

1) Storing\processing of the values within TestStand :

You can store the values in Station global.Example : nooffuut ,noofuutfail and noofpass

Once you get the no off UUT to test from SAP..store in a station global - nooffuut

Once the UUT are tested ( you can use post uut callback for this) update it in station global noofpass++ for pass or noofuutfail++ for fail

2) Displaying the status :

You can use message box to display no of uut,no of pass, no of UUT left.

This can be done in Pre UUT callback before the start of the next UUT or in POST uut at the end of present testing.

Or if you have a custom UI it can be displayed there also (need bit of programming).

Hope this helps.

Ravi

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,008 Views)

Ravi,

Obviously I can do that Programatically

I  wanted to know If teststand provides any Built-IN  Mechanism for the same.

It will be a cleaner Approach

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,005 Views)
The built-in mechanism is the database functions. I would not recommend the station global approach since it is difficult to manage with several stations running the same sequence for the same order.

I used a progress bar updated with a uimessage.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(5,003 Views)
I forgot to mention another advantage of a strictly database approach - of like me, you get s request from production management to be able to view the status from their desktop.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,997 Views)

I am with Dennis:

If you require this (or similar "QA" information) somewhere else, you should think about ONE solution for it. Using databases with appropriate select statements (or maybe even stored procedures to create VIEWS) seem to be a wise choice for this.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,993 Views)

Thanks Guys,

are   there any egs for this Database Approach

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,991 Views)
There are numerous examples for sql select statements and stored procedures but I don't know of any specific to TestStand. You'll need to modify the schema that comes with TestStand to add the id from SAP. The simplest place would be in the top level test results table.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,985 Views)