NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UUT Serial Number and Station ID

Hi

I customizing the OI using C#.

I will have a button named "Single Pass" if the user press this; it will automatically execute the test sequence and will not ask for the UUT number, i am getting the UUT number using another textbox How can i programatically set this  UUT serial Number  before  starting execution.
i tried out of using the following code in Applicationmanager's DisplayExecution Event

axExecutionViewMgr.SequenceContext.Locals.SetValString(

"Locals.UUT.SerialNumber", 0, "1234"); it did not work.

i want create a report after every step completion (like Onfly) i don't want to use TestStand OnFly Report. for every step has to inform me(UI) the step details (as like in the report -eg. Execution time,Step name,Step Result etc.) . i used ProcessModelPostStep callback to get the ThisContext for every step but i don't how get these step details from ThisContext.

need another clarification How to change the  Name of  the buttons in OI - like i want to change

Single Pass into Start Test

Break/Resume into  Pause/Continue

something like that where i can change these settings, i know i have to change these name in some of the .ini file but dono which .ini file Please Help,

TIA

Regards

Srini

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,071 Views)
The best way to do this is to change your process model to ask your UI for the Serial Number value.

So instead of displaying a dialog, the process model can post a Synchronous UI Message (with a custom code), and pass the variable in the process model that is used to hold the serial number.  The OI can then take that Property Object, insert the proper value into it (when the Custom UI Message Event fires), and return it to the model.

If you need more detailed information on how to do any of these steps, let me know and I can provide more information.

Allen P.
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,065 Views)