NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI control File Variables does not update

Solved!
Go to solution

I have the need to create an UIcontrol FileVariables in my TestStand UI developed in Labview.

When I load the test sequence the variables are dispalyed into the FileVariables UIcontrols. But when I break the test sequence while is running I can not see the variables updated.

I attach an example. I modified the standard UI (Full-featured) adding a  FileVariables UIcontrols. The one I added does not update the variables.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,610 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author logatto

Hey logatto,

Since you're wanting to view the value of the variables during an execution, you'll need to connect your VariablesView control to the Execution View Manager, rather than the SequenceFileView Manager. You can see an example of this in the current UI by going to the Execution tab in the interface and looking at the VariablesView control there. Its reference is saved in a variable called Execution Variables, and that variable is connected to the ExecutionView Manager in the "Configure ExecutionView Manager" subVI, which is a subVI of the Init VI in the interface code.

I think if you connect your VariablesView control to the ExecutionView Manager, it'll have the behavior you're looking for. If you run into any more questions about it, let us know!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,603 Views)

Thanks a lot.

That's it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,582 Views)