NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI Control ccould not be loaded

Solved!
Go to solution
it is really strange, i have Labview 2012 SP1 64 Bit at my computer and Teststand 2012 SP1 32. after finished my Testsequence, i want build a Custom UI in labview for my Sequnce. i opened the Simple Userface Example from the Teststand,2012 SP1 32, but unfortunately all the UI control on Frontpanel show this red Error Message "Control could not be loaded " , i registry my computer during RegServer, Reinstall the TE from the Labview, use the 4.5 .net Framework from microcoft. But it all not working. After i install Teststand2014 64 Bit, then it shows the UI Control at Frontpanel, but i can not use Teststand2014, cause my VI all in Labview 2012, which means it will not supported by Teststand2014... all this drive me Crazy, can anyone help here? tks for you reading
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,074 Views)

Please refer to the TestStand Lifecycle page for information on compatibility tests done by NI between TestStand and LabVIEW.

As you can see, LabVIEW 2012 is tested in combination with TestStand 2014.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,068 Views)

first tks for your reply,

i do not know how NI tested, when i run Teststand 2014, it happend errors to notice that

Teststand2014 64 Bit request at least labview 2013 SP1

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,065 Views)

Hm, ok.... but i see that the lifecycle page doesn't differ between TS 2014 32- and 64-bit. I find it possible that TS 2014 64bit indeed requires LV 2013 SP1 and newer whereas TS 2014 32bit accepts any LV 2011 and newer.

Can you switch to TS 2014 32bit for testing?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,059 Views)

i can try that, but no other better solutions ?

can not understand, why this happend between labview 2012 and Teststand 2012

i mean, the life cycle show this both can working together perfectly.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,056 Views)

I would expect your initial issue to be created by invalid ActiveX registration of TestStand ActiveX controls.

You can try running the Version Selector tool from TestStand and re-register your 2012 TestStand.

Norbert

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(5,029 Views)

tks for the reply, but can you descripe me the concrete actions, what dll or ocx i need exactly manuel registry for teststand2012?

that will be great

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(5,026 Views)

Simply run the Version Selector Tool you find in the TestStand start menu (Windows Start menu).

Norbert

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(5,021 Views)

well. i did that before, but it not help to solve the problem

no mater how much time i switch to Teststand 2012 sp1

the error still there

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(5,019 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Felixberlin

Well, the problem is not solved, but i insalled Labview 2013 and Teststand2014, both in 64 Bit. Now the UI can work, but i need do so many initialise work. 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,932 Views)