NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Type librarys for DLL functions that TestStand understands for parameter information

Using the C/C++ DLL call adapter I would like to specify a call to a DLL function and have TestStand (3) understand the parameter information.

Usually it says 'there is no parameter information available'. Today however I tried building a DLL in Visual C++ instead of CVI and got a bit further. TestStand recognized that there WAS parameter type information but then said 'The type library for this DLL does not contain enough information to determine whether this function parameter is a pointer to a single item, or an array of items."

So in a nutshell, does anyone know what options (in CVI or MSVC) I need to build with so that TestStand recognizes the function prototypes exported in the DLL? After all it's alot of work to type in all that parameter information.

Many thanks,

Ronnie
TestStand 4.2.1, LabVIEW 2009, LabWindows/CVI 2009
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,368 Views)
In CVI, you can get the parameter information into a DLL. First of all, you have to have a function panel (.fp) file with all of your exported functions defined as function panels. From this function panel file you can also generate a windows help file to document your DLL. Once you have the .fp file and .hlp file, you can enable references to them in the build target settings (Build->Target Settings...). Select "Type Library..." and check "Add type library resource to DLL" and "include links to help file" then browse to your .fp file. If there are descepencies between the functions defined in your .fp file and the actual functions you have exported in the DLL, then you may get a compiler error.

--Peter
Message 2 of 3
(3,358 Views)
Thank you Peter. Just what I needed to know. I'm glad it can be done in CVI.

Ronnie
TestStand 4.2.1, LabVIEW 2009, LabWindows/CVI 2009
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,343 Views)