NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Type Palletes. Is there any chance to change ini files format from binary to text?

Hi,

Is there any chance to change ini format from binary to text for the files in <TS Directory>\Components\Type Palettes?

I know I can change the format of User Maneger, Station Global, MyTypes and Templates inis in Configure->Station Options->File->File Format Options. But it looks like I cannot add other files to this menu to change the format.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,151 Views)

That dialog will let you change the format of any of the type palettes that are currently loaded. If you want to change the format of one not currently loaded in the sequence editor, just temporarily add it to the sequence editor, use the station options dialog to change the format, save the file, and then remove it from the sequence editor.

NOTE: You will likely have to run the sequence editor as admin (if you are using Vista or newer) in order to be able to save the files in the installed directory since that is a protected directory. I would recommend against that though, since it might interfere with future patching of those files. If you just want to see a text version of the types, another way to do that would be to just copy them all to a sequence file and then save the sequence file as XML.

Hope this helps,

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,139 Views)