NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Type Palette INI file location as relative path?

Hi There,

I am working under the constraints of a Source Code Control package (PVCS) - so would like to be able to check out sequences, VIs and configuration files to a particular directory (this name can vary based on the task, but there is only ever one check out directory at any one time). When opening TestStand or LabVIEW, files should first be picked up from here, and if they don't exist from a number of other fixed locations. I have fixed my search paths so that this works perfectly for sequences and VIs (set to search Initial Working Directory (in TS), then specific master directory. LabVIEW simply searches the current directory (since TS opens the top level VI in the right folder, and then the specific master directory) - NO PROBLEM SO FAR.

HOWEVER - this does not work for my custom type palette (INI file). It looks as though I can only specify a fixed location for this - so when I check it out to a new directory, TestStand sill picks up the "old" one. I don't want to have to go and keep changing the path every time I check out to a new directory or check back in -
IS THERE A WAY I CAN MAKE THIS RELATIVE?

Thanks,
Rich
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,819 Views)
Hi RichM,

I'm also developing TestStand under Configuration Management and have encountered this problem too.

I've been advised that it would be best to store the custom type palette files under the TestStand structure and use absolute locations to these files, as relative locations would be too difficult to manage.

(btw, the type palette file locations used by TestStand are stored in \CFG\TESTEXEC.INI)

Charlie Rodway | Principal Software Engineer | Certified TestStand Architect (CTA)

Computer Controlled Solutions Ltd | NI Silver Alliance Partner | GDevCon#1 Sponsor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,798 Views)