From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Requirements Gateway Projects

We are updating the hardware Requirement Gateway is running on.  I am transferring the Requirement Gateway Files to the new PC.  I have found transferring the NI Requirement Gateway Project files and the .TYPES files seems to allow me to see most of the data on the new PC, but are there any other important files I should move?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,155 Views)

I found this Requirement Gateway file:

.dat—Contains comments associated with elements that you add in Difference Comments control on the Snapshots pane of the Configuration dialog box.

• .filters—Contains the definitions of project filters that you specify on the Filters pane of the Configuration dialog box and the status of the filter currently activated for the project. A .filters file also contains information for display filters, such as user settings for showing or hiding requirements and empty sections.
  • .rqtf—Contains the project configuration information that you define on the Project pane of the Configuration dialog box.
  • .rqtfimage—Contains an image of the .rqtf project configuration file so that Requirements Gateway can avoid reanalyzing the project documents before displaying traceability information if you have not modified the documents. Requirements Gateway creates the .rqtfimage file as soon as the project documents are accessed at least once.

The .rqtfimage file is binary and proprietary, and users cannot edit the file. If you destroy this file, Requirements Gateway must completely reanalyze the project documents before displaying any traceability information.

When you create a snapshot, Requirements Gateway saves the snapshot as a .rqtfimage file in a snapshots subdirectory of the project directory. Like other .rqtfimage files, users cannot edit snapshots. The snapshot filename includes a ten-digit numerical identifier that corresponds to the YYMMDDHHNN convention:
    • YY is the year. For example, 09 refers to 2009.
    • MM is the month. For example, 01 refers to January.
    • DD is the day. For example, 07 refers to the seventh day of the month.
    • HHNN is the time in hours and minutes. For example, 1035 refers to 10:35 a.m., and 1435 refers to 2:35 p.m.
  • .types—Contains information for the specific types of analysis created for the project. Define type information on the Types pane of the Configuration dialog box. In the project directory, Requirements Gateway displays all the files that use the .types extension. Refer to the Type Definition Files topic for more information about .types files.

If you customize the default types, you can make the customized types available for all projects by placing the files in the public folder in the Types List on the Types pane of the Configuration dialog box. Requirements Gateway saves the type definitions for the public folder in <Requirements Gateway Public>\Config\types\public\public.types. You can also make the customized types available for specific projects by copying the files into a specific project directory. You do not have to rename the files.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,109 Views)