From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer data from DoPreUUT to main Sequence

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All, I am working on Modifying existing Sequential Model in NI TestStand.

In Do PreUUT i just wanted to have mu own Custom VI which will ask for a path and once the path is selected, the VI will Extract 2D Array of  String Values which i need to pass to my Main Sequence.I am facing Issue in tranferring the 2D array data From doPreUUT to mu main sequence.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/Pass-Parameters-from-PreUUT-to-main-Seq/m-p/2850684#

which says best way is to use file globals, but i am not able to get my values transfered to my main sequence.

Need help to resolve....

Thanks in advance

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,555 Views)
Solution

if you are adding a FileGlobal to Test UUTs and expecting to access that variable in your client sequence file you will not be able to read the FileGlobal directly. You will have to use the string 'RunState.Root.FileGlobals.....'

eg if you have a string array FileGlobals.MyDataPaths, then in you MainSequence you could access MyDataPaths using RunState.Root.FileGlobals.MyDataPaths.

Remember that this will only be available when using the Process Model therefore you would be wise to test that you are running with the process model.

Hope this helps

Message 2 of 3
(3,540 Views)

@ RayMond

Thanks for the reply and the advice on how to proceed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,535 Views)