From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Step's related info to a table

Hi, Guys, I'm a newbie to TS but familiar with LabVIEW.

I'd like to transfer StepName, Description, limits, test value, test result (Pass/Fail/Done...) and test duration for every step. There must be some local variables to store them, could you show me how to do this?

I wonder if there are big trouble for parallel mode or a sequence calls a SubSequence.

Below are my consideration:

1, once finishing loading Seq, I can get all StepName, Description and limits, then display them in the table immediately;

2, while executing or finishing a step, update its relate info to the table, including test value, test result and test duration.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,326 Views)

This sounds pretty much like you are programming a LabVIEW OI for your sequence/ framework.

I would suggest using User Messages to LabVIEW: http://www.ni.com/tutorial/4532/en/

Be aware of the fact, that some items will change even during execution of a single step, e.g. TestStatus

I have realized a similar application with user messages being sent by custom step types.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,306 Views)

Thanks for your advice!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,845 Views)