NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too slow when reporting

It works too slow when reporting. It is like hanging. I already configured on-the-fly reporting and ASCII file saving. It is a little bit better than normal but it is still slow. Why don't you tell me how to improve troubleshooting or optimizing?

d_touch
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,902 Views)
Hello d_touch,

In the report options, you can choose to use either "Sequence" or "DLL". The difference is which code the Process Model uses to create the report. It has code that is a sequence of steps as well as one single dll function that does all the same thing. Using just a DLL is much faster, but much more difficult to customize because you have to change the contents of that DLL itself. You also loose the ability to use the Report Model Callback (and other custom Model Callbacks you might create and call in the sequence that does reporting).

But it sounds like this hanging is a symptom of a much larger problem. How much data are you trying to write to the report each step? I would step through the code to determine which step the execution hangs on.

Regards,

Aaron B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,882 Views)
I have two other suggestions that may help.

We found that with TestStand 3.1, that we also had to add a checkmark to the option:
Configure menu
Model Options
Check the "Discard Results..." box.
We also use the "On-the-fly" reporting running anywhere from 2000 to 50000 thousand steps for a test. As the test progresses, it would slow down.

Lastly, very early on, I discovered that with the "Tracing" enabled, in the "Configure" menu, Station Options, that the slider for the speed was not set to "Fast". This may also have a bearing on how fast each step executes.

Mike
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,869 Views)