cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time stamp and skip test report

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, all

I am new to teststand and just beginning to do some work with teststand.

My interest is to report every step with data begin with a time stamp.

I create  subtest in the Numeric type property to report timestamp in the form of YYYY-MM-DD-HH-mm-ss

These substep are pre-step and post-step and in pre-step I get timestamp at the beginning and

post step I get a timestamp at the ens of the step.

Thing workout pretty well until I report a skip test.

A skip step does not run so a pre-step and post-step report a time stamp as 00000000000000.
how can I over come this problem since i want the skip test report as exact the same with "Normal Step"

is there any way to have a f(x) at the beginning and the end of the step type, and theses f(x) of course

should be execute even that step is skipped

Thanks

TP

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,648 Views)

Hi TP,

Can you go into more detail about how the steps in TestStand get skipped?

Regards,

Anjelica W.
National Instruments
Product Marketing Manager
FlexLogger and TestStand
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,611 Views)

I manually go to the setting page, run option tab and select run mode as skip.

The step does report in the test report data as skip but time stamp was all zero

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,602 Views)

The pre and post expression of skipped steps is never evaluated. I don't know of a way to time skipped steps using Pre or Post step callbacks unless you want to try and measure the elapsed execution time in the previous and next steps after the skipped step.

At the end of the day measuring the execution time of skipped steps is irrelevent because the amount of time they take to execute is essentially nothing. I just tried it using pre and post expressions in the previous and next steps relative to the skipped step and got 15 miliseconds with tracing turned on and 148 microseconds with tracing turned off.

CTA, CLA, MTFBWY
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,598 Views)

Hello

For me that is important and for many thing I do the step carried out take a longtime than normal, especial if you test with around 20 socket and more.

I am surprised that a step type does not have some thing reserved for Pre-execution.  This can help condition further a costumed step.

The only way I can poke in there may be using "precondition" to put my time stamp.  But that mean my costumed model leaves a bunch of f(x) in there and look ugly

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,590 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tphan

Found that  under TS.StartTime.  It just need a converter time stamp from teststand to local time

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,570 Views)