NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The result list of the Sequence call is not getting updated properly. Is this a TestStand Bug? If so, does NI has a fix for it?

Hi TestStand Gurus,

The result list of the Sequence call is not getting updated properly.

1) I have 2 Sequence files namely sequence file2.seq sequence file3.seq
2) sequence file3.seq has a sequence called MNT which has one Multiple numeric Test step.
3) sequence file2.seq has 4 steps, all are just a sequence calls to the MNT (TestA, TestB, TestC, TestD).
4) MNT is called with a parameter which determines the number of measurements to return
5) This number of measurement is different for TestA, TestB, TestC and TestD.

The problem is that the "Locals.ResultList" of sequence file2.seq does not contain all the results that are generated during each call. I am using the below path to see the results

Locals.ResultList[0].TS.SequenceCall.ResultList[0].Measurement
Locals.ResultList[1].TS.SequenceCall.ResultList[0].Measurement
Locals.ResultList[2].TS.SequenceCall.ResultList[0].Measurement
Locals.ResultList[3].TS.SequenceCall.ResultList[0].Measurement

The measurement array always shows the lowest among 4. Does anybody know why this is happening?

Note: If I probe the following path in the MNT (the subseqence) for each step, I am seeing the number of measurements properly.

RunState.Sequence.Main["Multiple Numeric Limit Test"].Result.Measurement

Thx
Abdulla
P.S I also attached sample files in a zip format to test.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,941 Views)
Hi Abdulla,

I ran the example you posted and am also seeing the strange behavior that you are. It seems that the array is sized by the first step and then is not getting resized for the subsequent steps. So far I have not been able to find a way to fix this. This may be a bug in TestStand so I will need some time to investigate so that I can hopefully find a workaround for you.

Thanks,
Caroline
National Instruments
Thanks,
Caroline Tipton
Data Management Product Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,925 Views)
Caroline,

Thanks for looking into this. We have been using TestStand for all our Testing at our customersite. The customer bought many TS licenses already. We are Selected Integrator (Cal-Bay Systems, Inc from California). I need a fix or a workaround ASAP. I greatly appreciate your help in this.

Thx
Abdulla
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,916 Views)
We are currently looking at the problem in R&D. I will reply with more information regarding a workaround or fix as soon as we have the information available. The only workaround I have found so far is to have the largest array call called first. For example, if your first sequence call has an array size of 100 values, the rest of your arrays will be bound by 100, so any array smaller than this will work. Once we have a better solution, we will certianly let you know.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,915 Views)
Hi Allen

Any news on this issue. For now I made a LV2 Global to push the results which is not a clean way which I will remove after getting a fix from NI.

Thanks for looking into this.
Abdulla
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,893 Views)
The good news is, we have identified the problem.

I am hopeful that there will be a fix tomorrow (I will post the DLL on the forum).

Sorry for the delay!

Allen
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,888 Views)
This is great. I look for the dll.

Thx
Abdulla
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,885 Views)
Sorry for the delay!

Here is the fixed version of the DLL.

Please copy it to the /Components/NI/StepTypes/CommonSubSteps/ directory.

Let me know if there are any problems.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,858 Views)
Allen,

Thanks for the DLL. I have copied and started using it stright away. Couple of questions

1) In case of Teststand RTE where do I need to copy the file. Same path?
2) We have serveral TestStand Licenes which needs to be updated with the fix. Can I get a fix in the installer format so that I can distrubute to my peers?

Thx
Abdulla
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,849 Views)
Abdulla,

Yes, the RTE should have the files copied to the same location.

I have attached an installer I made with TestStand to copy the file.

Also, if you are creating a deployment, it might be easier to just add that one file to your workspace and include it in the deployment.

Message Edited by AllenP on 04-07-2005 04:19 PM

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,815 Views)