NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The application failed to initialize properly 0xc0000142.

I installed Labview and TestStand 2012 SP1 on my computer. At the beginning it seemed everything was good, but after a couple of hours I tried to launch another application from TestStand and I got this message: The application failed to initialize properly 0xc0000142.
Now each time that I want to launch TestStand the message come up.
How can I fix this issue?
My OS is Windows XP
I uninstall and reinstall everything many times.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(6,675 Views)

Hey grey88,

This problem has been known to occur when Physical Address Extensions (PAE) is enabled on the machine. We have a KnowledgeBase article here about the issue, and it has some steps to follow to see if PAE is enabled: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/8355753BD0C8E62F8625768C005B359B?OpenDocument

I would start with trying those steps, and if PAE is enabled, perhaps we could try disabling it and see if the problem persists.

Let us know how it goes!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(6,663 Views)

Hi Daniel,

I asked to my administrator to disable the PAE and he recommended don't do that. Also I did the second option and it didn't work:

2. If you want to keep PAE turned on, you must limit addressable memory to 4 GB. Set /maxmem=4096 in boot.ini as instructed in Microsoft KnowledgeBase 833721: Available Switch Options for the Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 Boot.ini Files

Is there other option to fix this issue?

Thank you, I apreciate your help!

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(6,633 Views)

Grey88 -

1) What TestStand application are you running when you get this failure; sequence editor or a user interface?

1a) If a LabVIEW user interface, what version of LabVIEW are you using?

1b) If the sequence editor, does any portion of the UI show before the error occurs?

1c) Do other applications from TestStand work OK?

2) Just wanted to explicitly confirm that you rebooted the system after changing the ini file to test the issue?

3) For the boot.ini change, does the problem still occur if you change the value to 2048 (2GB)? I suggest to try this because applications that are not Large Address Aware (LAA) in general should not be using more than 2GB of memory. The sequence editor does not support LAA until TestStand 2013 so the OS should restrict it from accessing > 2GB. On the other hand LabVIEW started enabling LAA on its executables in an earlier version.

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(6,604 Views)

Hi Scott,

I changed the memory value to 2048 (2GB) in boot.in file , it seems there are not more issues.

=
Thank you so much

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(6,572 Views)

To grey88 -

I am glad that this is a workaround.

To better understand the underlying cause, we would need to initially understand the versions of NI software that you are using, and I would also be interested in knowing if you were using the Sequence Editor or a UI, and if a UI, the language/ADE used to create it.

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(6,524 Views)

I'm using LabVIEW 2012 SP1 (Version 12.0.1) and Sequence Editor Version 5.0.1.66 (TestStan Engine 2012 SP1)

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(6,511 Views)

I am getting this error on Windows 8.1 x64, with LV 2013x32; This causes Max to not see the modules in my cDAQ chassis, and causes enough dialog boxes to load with errors when I try and load a DAQmx VI that I end up killing LV in the Task Manager.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(6,336 Views)

I re-installed DAQmx (Aug 2013 Device drivers, BTW), and the error messages aren't showing up anymore.

However, MAX doesn't detect modules. When the 9174 is connected, I see a USB icon in the device list, and then the 9174 shows up under that icon disabled with a red X and without modules. Deleting and redetecting does not help.

Note:  The hardware works perfectly fine on another  Win 8.1 system with the Feb 2013 LV 2012 and driver set.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(6,333 Views)

Completely uninstalled and reinstalled all NI software; same MAX problem.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(6,330 Views)