NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Engine.ReleaseSequenceFile(Ex) method was not called for the following files

Sometimes, when i close TS, I get a debug warning: "The Engine.ReleaseSequenceFile(Ex) method was not called for the following files:(path)". What does this mean? How can I fix this "bug". (the warning appears when I have executed a seq file containing custom steps with LabView sub steps)

Message Edited by Virinco-TomC on 07-18-2006 09:12 AM

Message Edited by Virinco-TomC on 07-18-2006 09:12 AM

Regards
Tom Andres Lomsdalen, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,165 Views)
Are you opening any sequence files through the API with the method Engine.GetSequenceFileEx?

If so, you need to also call Engine.ReleaseSequenceFileEx to ensure that the file is unloaded from the cache.

Allen P.
NI
Message 2 of 5
(4,155 Views)
Yes, I do open a sequence file through the API with the method Engine.GetSequenceFileEx as a sub step to a customized sequence call step. I have now modified this sub vi with the method "Engine.ReleaseSequenceFileEx", and the warning has disappeard.
My aim with the customized sequence call step, is to get the sequence file version (Data.Version) of the seq file I call. (Attached is the post vi I use) It works fine, but the post vi shows to be a bit of a bottleneck when it comes to time critical seq files. Do you think this is the best way to get the seq file version? Any other suggestions?

Thanks
Regards
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,130 Views)
Here is the same vi without password protection
Regards
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,110 Views)
Tom,

At the present time, you must have the engine load the entire sequence file to get this property.  I would suggest you change your Get Property Value call to use the API and use the property PropertyObjectFile.Version instead.  This would allow for a more reliable solution in case we change the locations of properties in the future, or allowed you to benefit from any optimizations that are made as well.

Allen P.
NI
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,099 Views)