NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teststand-teststep description show wrong value after active-X update from labview

Hello,
i´m using TS 3.5 and LV 8.2.1
I have a simple numeric-teststep with labview-adapter.

In the teststep-filetype i added a container called "data" which contains one numeric-value called: "num"

The labview-vi that i call changes via active-x the value of this parameter "Step.data.num".

When i open the tree-view on the left side then i see, that this worked, because the value has changed.

Now the problem:
In sequence-filetypes i opened properties of my teststep and in the tab "Default Expression" i changed the "Status Expression".
Normally it shows only the step-name, but i added to show also the value of "Step.data.num".
This was done by just adding the text: ==> +" " + "num: "+Str(Step.data.num)

But when i run the teststep and i know that the value has changed the description stays on the old value what it was before running the step.
But when i open the tree-view and see that the value is really there and go back to see the description, then the description is  also correct,

So the question is: What do i have to do to update the decription that it displays the correct value at once?
Perhaps there exists a property that i can call to update the description. I have the sequence-context inside the vi.

Thanks for any hint, tip or help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,688 Views)
Hi!

Here some informations:
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/CF660A2A6F2AB4F586256D0B005B26FF?OpenDocument

Regards
Ken
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,655 Views)